Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ummm, summer

We are loving summer!! I love having the kids home with me. I love the relaxed schedule. The kids love catching fireflies in the late evening, watching the primrose open, sleeping in, and having some good, relaxing family fun. The children seem to really enjoy being together and playing with each other. It is fun to watch them interact together. Of course, we had about two days of adjusting after school was over. Adjusting to being together so much, and not being stimulated constantly. But they have done really well. We have spent a lot of time outside. While the children play in the sandbox, water or just using their imagination, I have time to work in the garden.

In May, Ashley lost her first tooth! She was so proud and happy! I also was very happy for her. The teacher made a big deal over losing teeth, and Ashley was worried she wouldn't get her name on the bullentin board. Whew, we barely made it!

The kids have also done very good at helping out around the house and doing some chores. It's hard for me to get them to do their chores, that is one area I need to improve on. But, they are very capable to helping out.


And little Violet, she is growing so fast! She nods her head yes and no, loves her mommy VERY much, runs and climbs all over the place. Still not a lot of words, but there is a lot going on around here and she will learn.


Just a little update, I need to do better at blogging. But my little children have been keeping me busy, and I love it!!! Baseball is now over, swimming lessons are over, we have visited the library several times, we are reading, we are playing, and we are eating good, and summer needs to last FOREVER!




No comments:

Post a Comment